Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Lucky One

A few days ago, Hannah stumbled upon a photo of the Husband and I from our wee early days as a married couple. Incredulous, she blurted out, "Wow. You MARRIED that guy?"

I laughed, maybe a little too hard, and then pointed out the error of her ways.

You see, it's not supremely surprising that I married the skinny, quiet, smart gymnast that was the Husband so long ago. After all, he was handsome, thoughtful, and hopelessly in love with me.

 photo love3.jpg

What's more amazing is that HE married this:

 photo Christie2_zpscf5e2bf4.jpg

 photo Christie3_zpse9f05b8a.jpg

Yikes.

God bless the poor ignorant fool.  He had no idea what he was getting himself into.

9 comments:

Juli said...

That is awesome. :)

And I must say, that while I know the smaller house has been tough for you, it has left you a bit more time for a blog or two... which is always a good thing.

Travelin'Oma said...

These pictures cracked me up!!

Kimmie said...

Love the perm! So funny

Tristan said...

I love it!! Big curly hair with bangs and all!! You guys were a cute couple then and you still are today :) Love ya!

Florence Parker said...

Thanks for the laugh. You both are awesome and you both are the lucky ones.

Lauren in GA said...

What are you talking about. You were a goddess in white panty hose.

Ohhhhhhhhh, I didn't realize that the Husband was a gymnast. OF COURSE you married him :).

Love the wedding announcement!

ellen said...

Classic announcement! I have about 15 just like it in my "wedding invitation" file.

shilo said...

Oh, my sweet mercy. I LOVE those pictures. So hilarious. I don't know what you were doing with your dress, but it looks like I missed a good time. Josh is a lucky man!

Jeanelle said...

I don't know HOW I missed your last two posts but I just lit'rally (you have to say it like that) laughed LOUDLY at your floral dress and white nylons. SO beyond perfection. You are sheer perfection. Never forget that.