Sunday, October 2, 2011

And I'm off...

I am heading out the door in just under an hour and my stomach is a nervous ball of butterflies. Last night, I had a meltdown of epic proportions. So much to do, so little time. Panic about leaving my babies for 10 days. Worry that I wouldn't get it all cleaned in time for the mother-in-law to come. Anxiety over all the things that could possibly go wrong.

There was crying. All of it ugly.

Today, with suitcases packed and passport in hand, I can hardly believe I'm really doing this. I stare in awe, and wonder whose fabulous life it is I'm really living.

How many men are there that not only say yes, but encourage the taking of trips to faraway lands? Who gladly work, sacrifice, and move heaven and earth to make dreams a reality? I am beyond blessed to have found one who does. He, who knows the toll this past year has taken on me, and encourages me to leave it all behind. He, who knows the healing power of gifts beyond measure.

He had my heart when all he had to give was his love. He gives me his as he makes my dreams come true.

I love him.

I am forever indebted to him for my every happiness.

Thank you, baby, for the trip of a lifetime. Au revoir!

5 comments:

Juli said...

So. Jealous.

And so happy for you.

I was thinking after I read your post about your trip how wonderful it must be, as when I was married to my son's father I couldn't even go to the grocery store alone.

And now, while Tony encourages little trips away, I would never, as at the end of the day, the boys are really not his responsibility.

But in 8 years, 5 months and 13 days.... game on!

Enjoy your trip!

Annie said...

Ditto. I think in some ways we've been playing our own little game of chicken and neither of us ever blinked so we're going!

Today has been my meltdown day; I think it's hard to be a mom and get away without some serious logistics and worries. But everything is going to be okay. In fact, it's going to be spectacular.

Someday we'll pay it forward. You'll stay with your grandkids and I'll stay with mine while our daughters have a much needed break. :)

Lauren in GA said...

That was so, so, sweet, Stie. I meant the sweet words of appreciation, and gratitude you said for the Husband...not the part where you shared about the tears. I love what Annie said. You are going to have a spectacular time...and you deserve it, Sista'!

Have a WONDERFUL time! Everything is going to be okay ☺.

jessica said...

What an amazing adventure! You are on blessed girl and you know it, that is the best part...Have the best time ever as I will be living it through you ;)

Tristan said...

What a great guy! Have a fabulous trip! Return and report! Love you!