Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Linky Love

I have no humorous or poignant words for you today, as I am still bitter and angry at having to hand a small fortune over to my wasteful government yesterday. But I know someone who is funny and poignant.

My word-inventing interpeep Lisa, at Take 90 West, has written THE MOST HILARIOUS post. Seriously. You must go there. Right now. I laughed so hard, that I had to wipe the tears from my eyes to even finish reading. Seriously funny business going on involving man purses, European tourists, and American appetites. That's all I'm gonna say.

What? You still here? Go there. Now.

Oh, and when you're done there, stop by my adorable cousin Kimberly's blog and sign up for her Desperate Housewives Swap. You've only got a few more days to get in on the fun. Who doesn't want good mail?


Go. Now.

Come back here tomorrow. Maybe I'll be funny by then.

But probably not.

12 comments:

Annie said...

I'm heading over there Right Now. I need a good laugh...

danandcindy said...

You're rarely funny.

Wendi said...

Dan is crazy...
You.are.always.funny.
Thanks for sending me to "Take 90 West". That was hilarious! She is a funny girl.

Kimberly said...

Man purses? Just thinking of the topic puts a smile on my face. I think you are funny even when you're not trying to be funny. Thanks for the link for the swap, it will be fun!

Lauren in GA said...

I love the comment that DanandCindy made...I assume that is Dan, your brother, of nosepicking and "stupid smile on his stupid face" fame.

That "Take 90 West" girlie is pretty funny ;)

So...since we are on the subject of Man Purses...I think I am ready to evolve enough for my husband to have to carry everybody's junk around in a bag of his own. He may look dumb...but, I am ready to be at peace with it...I am sick of being the pack mule of the family.

Hollyween said...

I headed there and even commented. That's how funny I thought it was. So thanks.
Remember that Friends episode where Joey carries that 'man bag'? SO FUNNY!!!

Bridget said...

That was a great post. I kept waiting for the reference to Friends too, like Holly, and it never came.

Unknown said...

Thanks for helping your faithful readers find something to laugh at whether or not from you! Hilarious!!! And yay for the swap!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Can I join your bitter and angry club? I am SO bitter. Don't even ask me what we had to pay yesterday! ARGH!
Loved the post from Take 90 West! She is too funny and so are you!
Get better!

kelly said...

oh a swap... maybe that will jump start me out of my funk.

Unknown said...

LOVE the link love, though I am not sure about partipating in a swap named after me....

Elise said...

Hi Christie,
It's Becky's sister, Elise. I came to your blog because I wanted to leave a comment about how funny YOUR last comment on Becky's blog was. Then I start reading some of your posts (love the one about Hannah) and then that took me to your friend's post about the man purses. Now I just have a huge smile on my face! Thanks for THAT! You have quite the knack for writing. I just might visit your blog more often :) (I made it sound like it was some BIG PRIVILEGE for you if I visited you blog, but that's not how I meant it).