And in honor of my awesome self, here are 34 things you may or may not know about me, on this, the eve of the anniversary of my birth:
1. I was born absolutely, solidly perfect.
2. That state lasted a solid two-and-a-half years, then Daniel was born and ruined everything.
3. I was going to be a world-famous ice skater.
4. Until I broke my arm skating, had six surgeries, and realized I had no grace.
5. I was a tomboy and had only one Barbie.
6. Whose head I filled with sand.
7. I have four brothers; one older, three younger.
8. I learned how to fight well at an early age.
9. I had a huge crush on Johnny Depp when I was 13. Still do, in fact. Can't wait to see this.10. I have always been afraid of the dark.
11. I secretly wished I was Jo on the Facts of Life.
12. My first kiss was a short, skinny, blond boy named Rocky.
13. I think we 'broke up' a week later.
14. He was heartbroken and never forgave me.
15. I always wanted to be a Broadway singer.
16. I realized that dream would not come true (seeing as I can't sing at all) and resigned myself to a life in the audience instead.
17. I am, however, a theater snob and will not watch any show from the balcony or in the back.
18. I spent 75 percent of my senior year cutting class. I probably only graduated because I was taking five Home Economics classes.19. I still have nightmares about classes I skipped regularly.
20. I have a secret dream to be a professional photographer.
21. When I met my husband for the first time, I knew we would get married.
22. He knew a short few weeks later.
23. I have lived in six different states.
24. My first job was at Subway sandwiches when I was 16.
25. I had bad eczema on my hands and used to tell people I saved my baby brother from a fire, and that the red marks on my hands were burns.
26. I will probably go to hell for that lie alone.
27. I had my first baby without the blessed miracle of science that is an epidural (not by choice).
28. I gratefully had the other two babies while fully numb from the waist down, as god intended.
29. I am extremely afraid of heights and speed. Which explains why roller coasters and I don't work well together.
30. I love hosting parties.
31. I am neurotic and worry about really dumb things.
32. Like the fact that the Husband still has not registered his car in Missouri and has no problem getting speeding tickets.
33. I could never have imagined how much I would love my life today.
34. I am very happy to be me.
So happy birthday wishes to myself. May the next 34 be just as good as the first have been.
P.S. Feel free to send gifts. I'm not bashful that way at all.