Monday, October 1, 2007

What not to use for a belly ache

So I'm back. Survived the visit from both in-laws and parents. Did more than survive, actually. Had a great time. My kids have some pretty great grandparents. Missed my little bloggy world though.

One night this week, my mother-in-law and I are chatting on the couch. Hannah comes in, moaning that she has a tummy ache. We had just eaten at the World's Largest Chinese Buffet, and truth be told, I had a tummy ache, too. Being the excellent, lazy mother that I am, I sent her up to retrieve a bottle of Tums. I describe it to Hannah as "That thing you always think is candy and I never let you have? Go get that."

She is upstairs rummaging for a few minutes and comes down empty-handed. She just can't find it. She asks what letter it starts with. I tell her it has a big T on it. So she heads upstairs again.

Then, she comes downstairs with the biggest box of this you can buy:



"Is this it, Mama?"

That does start with a T.

And it may be until she actually needs one of those herself before she forgives me for laughing so hard.

13 comments:

Scrapbooks by Amanda said...

Too funny!
Thanks for sharing!

Bridget said...

That is so funny! That's one to remember and remind her of in 10 years. Around all of her friends of course. How was Chase's baptism? When do you leave for NYC? I am so jealous so pretend it isn't going to be that much fun after all.

Annie said...

Love it. It reminds me of a girl (remember the Hardys?) who went to the bathroom during a church dinner and came back to the table with her pockets stuffed with kotex pads. She was convinced that they would make great beds for her barbies but couldn't figure out why we were all laughing so hard.

Jake said...

hahahaha! This is kinda gross but Jake asked me one time if he could play with some of my "telescopes".

"You know, Mom. The telescopes you put in your bum!"

He put an applicator on each finger and then walked around like Edward Tampaxhands!!

Feminine sanitary supplies are just too hilarious!!!

Emily said...

your post and all these comments have me in histerics. Can't wait for what might come out in a late night NYC hotel room . . .here's looking forward to it!

kelly said...

you always crack me up. thanks for making me smile!

Rochelleht said...

That was so funny! I LOVE it!!! How bad is this: I can actually send my 4 year old on the errand to retrieve them for me when I am indisposed. How's that for training? Is she going to be scarred for life? She'll know what they're really for too soon, sadly.

Anonymous said...

I needed that laugh. Thank you so much.

Pedaling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

That is SO funny! Too bad there weren't more people around to witness it!

danandcindy said...

What are those? Why is this post so funny to everyone?

Michelle said...

That was too funny! Don't we just love our kids. Thanks for the laugh today. How was your time with family?

Lisa said...

So funny. And it will be an embarrassing story for your daughter in the future, I'm sure. She may never look at Tums the same way again!