Friday, October 19, 2007

Back to reality

I am out of the sick bed. Took the entire day yesterday and did nothing but sleep. It would have been absolutely lovely except for the minor annoyance of feeling like I poured acid down my throat and beat my head with a hammer. You know, except for that.

So I learned a few things taking a sick day; thought I'd share them:

  1. Laundry doesn't do itself.
  2. Ditto for the dishes, bathrooms, and floors.
  3. When I am dying a slow and painful death, I won't care what state my house is in.
  4. When I feel slightly better, I will be very annoyed at the mess.
  5. I somehow always get sick when the Husband is out of town.
  6. There is NOTHING of value on the telly during the daytime. Nothing.
  7. Eggo waffles make an excellent breakfast AND dinner for the children. [But then again, I already knew that.]
  8. I will only make the mistake of forgetting to turn the phone off once. Pity the poor survey taker who woke me up yesterday afternoon.
  9. When opening my bedroom windows for some fresh air, it is a good idea to remember to close them once it starts pouring rain. The soggy carpet will not be a treat.
  10. Waking up to a ton of well-wishes on the blog makes me happy. Gracias to you, all my bloggy friends.

P.S. I am NOT, I repeat, NOT pregnant. But thanks for asking.

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Hope you are feeling better today, and the mess is not too bad. I have been there!
Thanks for visiting my blog, I am going to read through yours too, you are too funny!

Annie said...

Glad you're back with the living again. Did the kids bring you waffles in bed?

mahina said...

glad you're better. i think the raw sore throat is the worst for me! i can handle most everything else, but that not so much!

Lisa-Marie said...

You worked yourself ragged making all those beautifully wicked spider cookies. Try not to be so domestic!!

Glad that you are feeling better!

Bridget said...

You know you're sick when....you don't even care yet about the messy house. Sorry Stie. Wish I were there to help you out. Not that a Martha Stewart like yourself really needs domestic help.

Rochelleht said...

So ditto on #7. That is a staple here in this house. I have several several boxes in the freezer.

Sux to be sick.

Diane said...

I'm so glad you're up and going again. It's probably a bit faster than you should be up and going...but you're a mom...enough said! I have to read your blog to get my "fix" every day. Love ya! Get better!

Jake said...

Glad you're feeling better. Your kids are the ones who introduced mine to Eggos. It is a SERIOUS addiction in our family!

danandcindy said...

I think I speak for all of your blog fans when I say... WELCOME BACK!!! We all missed you so much, we just sat around, and kept refreshing our web browsers, awaiting the moment that you would make it out of this coma-like cold, that lasted a whole day... Wow, you are an inspiration to all of us who have ever had a cold, and not felt good for an entire day. You have given us all such great hope in knowing that no matter how severe the cold, we will usually get feeling better within a couple of days. Thank you for all the good things you do to raise awareness of colds.

As if you cared, but I have a cold today too... Check out my blog to see if I whined about it.

Travelin'Oma said...

While you were down, my computer was down, so I didn't even know. Throat lozenges and popsicles are my recommendation. Call your mother-in-law...I bet she'd come over and help! (oh, I mean..)

Emily said...

Oh I have missed so much. Great to be back and reading your blog. Sorry you were sick, it's no fun being sick since I've grown up. What happened to the mom who would come in and put on my favorite record, bring me rainbow sherbet, and let me watch Charlie's Angels in her bed? I want to be sick like that again.

Lisa said...

Hey Stie,
Thanks for delurking over at my blog! Just wanted to let you know I answered your question on my q&a. Thanks for participating, it was fun!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Okay I've been out of the loop for a couple of days and just got back here to catch up:

1. I hope you are feeling all better.

2. I can't believe how awesome your post about your neighbor David was...tears over here.

3. Thanks for always commenting when you stop by...even your comments are funny and sweet.

Chatter said...

Ahhh... brotherly love. I have to say I love it! Glad you are feeling better :)