Friday, March 16, 2007

Things I've learned this week

  • When browsing Barnes & Noble, it is wise to keep track of the time, especially if you are supposed to pick your daughter up from pre-school. She will yell "FINALLY, JEEZ!" very loud when you arrive one whole minute late.
  • The phenomenon known as the "marine layer" basically means that it can go from 75 degrees to 50 in about ten minutes with a drastic increase in humidity. And this will always happen at the beginning of a three-hour baseball game.
  • The marine layer and I do not see eye-to-eye when it comes to matters of my hair.
  • Surprisingly, trying to talk Josh into skipping church and going to Disneyland is not as easy as you would think.
  • Freezing the girl scout cookies does not necessarily make them less tempting for me. You see, FROZEN COOKIES ARE DELICIOUS.
  • Paying my kids to clean is well worth the one dollar a piece that they charge me.
  • Hannah's version of helping me make dinner is her sitting on the counter in an apron eating Lucky Charms.
  • Grey's Anatomy is still the best hour spent watching television.
  • Favorite thing this week: The warm sunshine and MAC makeup packages in the mail.

5 comments:

marta said...

i can just imagine that princess scooping out the 'charms' .. that makes me laugh. and yes, MAC is the best stuff. like candy, without the calories!!

Musings of a Housewife said...

LOL!!! This is your best list of lessons yet. Love the girl scout cookie one. So true!

Travelin'Oma said...

That's how I help with dinner, too. Only I eat M&M's.

anna jo said...

wow, I thought it was easy to talk all of the halverson boys into ditching church! ;)

Annie said...

So who was trying to do the convincing...you or the kids? :)