Tuesday, February 20, 2007

life is beautiful

Only my boys could find two ordinary sticks on the beach and turn them into weapons.

Can't say that I'm complaining though. These newly-discovered tools of destruction allowed me a few hours of peace and quiet to reflect on the beauty and wonder that is our Pacific. To reflect uninterrupted on the fantastic life that I do lead.

There was no whining for snacks.

No need to race screaming to the bathroom gripping our privates, desperately trying to make it in time. Seagulls became enemy soldiers. My blanket was base camp. Hannah went blissfully un-teased.

There was no fighting.

We found peace through pretend violence. How much more of a paradox can we be? I love it. Life is good.

[P.S. No seagulls were harmed in the making of this imaginary world (Chase, our own PETA representative, saw to that).]

3 comments:

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

as i once tried to argue with my husband that my children will never be allowed to play with toy guns, he said, "forbid them all you want. they'll just make their own."

beautiful picture! i miss living on the pacific!!!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Oh they are SO cute.

Annie said...

I love the random person in the faint background, too...what is she doing? karate? playing charlie's angels? kicking a seagull?